AMIS Technology Weblog in 2007: #1 Article: Anton's Solve Sudoku in SQL; 438.053 different visitors (USA and India on top), 877.504 page views; 67% new visits
74% of the traffic came from search engines, 18% from referrals from other sites (primarily oracle.com); 8% was direct. Most popular search terms were ‘spring jdbc’ ‘ejb 3.0′ and ‘fndload’.
The most popular article – with almost 10.000 visits – was Solving a Sudoku with 1 SQL-statement: the Model-clause by Anton Scheffer (http://technology.amis.nl/blog/?p=2066). "The (AJA)X Files – On the built-in AJAX facilities of ADF Faces for zero-code Rich User Experience" (http://technology.amis.nl/blog/?p=1211) was a close second, our all time favorite "Starting with Jasper Reports" ( http://technology.amis.nl/blog/?p=346, January 2005) was third and "Solving VMware network problems on Linux VMware guests" (http://technology.amis.nl/blog/?p=1340) came fourth.
Google Analytics disects the visitors and visits to our website. It is more strict in counting distinct visits and page views than our own WordPress statistics – but probably paints a fairer picture. It is interesting to see where our visitors come from:
The top 10 is as follows:
- FireFox on the march – 29%! : Browser Statistics from the AMIS Technology Weblog
- AMIS Technology Weblog – Statistics, Graphics and Becoming an Author ('blogger')
- Creating your own advanced search engine for any website – using Oracle Text – Searching the AMIS Technology Weblog
- Collect IP Address background information for WebLog
- AMIS WebLog crosses the 500,000 marker – half a million post-reads in just over a year