ADF 11g – include meta data tags in HEAD element – using af:document and metaContainer facet
ADF Faces 11g does not contain tags such as af:head and af:body. Instead there is af:document, an abstraction from the documents served to potentially different clients. A JSF page can be rendered as HTML – with a HEAD and BODY tag – but also to other clients and renderformats that do not have the HEAD and BODY concept. Hence the abstraction.
When your ADF Faces page does render as HTML to a web browser, the af:document will render both HEAD and BODY. If you want to specify the title attribute for the HEAD, you have to set the title attribute on af:document.
To set the values of meta-tags, you use code like this:
<af:document> <f:facet name="metaContainer"> <f:verbatim> <meta name="description" content="Some very interesting bit of meta information about the page" /> <meta name="keywords" content="money profit huge pile gold treasure rich filthy rich happy few" /> </f:verbatim> </f:facet> </af:document>
Note that the f:verbatim is one way of dealing with the fact that <meta> is not a recognized nor allowed child of a facet or any other JSF component.
Thanks Daan for collaborating on this one.
- ADF Binding XML data directly from ADF BC to JSP and JSTL (XML-tags)
- Meta Data Driven User Interface with Dojo and Spring MVC
- XSL Transforming XML generated from SQL results using JSTL tags in JSP pages – putting JSTL to the test
- Enhance the web page look & feel and behavior after it has been loaded – attach onLoad Event Listeners during load
- Building ADF Faces Tree based on POJOs (without using the ADF Tree Data Binding)
- My Report from the ODTUG Kscope13
- ADF: (Automatic) Partial Page Rendering across Taskflows
- ADF client-side architecture – Select All
- ADF 18.104.22.168 : The return of the paging table (… and more ….)
- ADF DVT Speed Date: Interactive Bubble Graph
- Book Review : Oracle ADF Real World Developer’s Guide
- The ultimate ADF event of 2012: The AMIS Master Class Advanced ADF – Christmas Special (Friday 21st of December)
- Maak bij AMIS als eerste kennis met Oracle ADF Mobile!
- ADF Mobile : Your First Navigation and Device Interaction
- ADF Mobile is now Generally Available