Latest Oracle Pricing List – new suites and options give interesting insights
Oracle recently published the most recent version of their global price list. I am not sure how it translates to local transactions (for example if and how the currency exchange rates are applied). And I cannot say I understand all the options listed. But some of the entries are interesting nevertheless. See http://www.oracle.com/corporate/pricing/technology-price-list.pdf for the detailed list.
This is the first list from Oracle to include the BEA products. For example the WebLogic Server Standard Edition. The price charged for WebCenter is still impressive – unfortunately. Oracle Portal – the Portal platform, not the billing application – does not appear in the list separately or as option on the Internet Application Server.
The price list has the new suites in middleware: WebLogic Suite with the options BPEL Process Manager, Service Bus, SOA Suite for Oracle Middleware and the Business Process Management Suite.
Separately – and impressively – priced is the Enterprise Repository (the Service Registry and SOA Governance solution). Other middleware listings: WebLogic Integration, SOA Suite for Non Oracle Middleware (I have no idea what that is), Business Process Management Suite for Non Oracle Middleware, Event-Driven Architecture Suite and Data Integration Suite. Oracle Rules is not a separate entry in the list.
I was pleasantly surprised by the processor license fee for Oracle Coherence. Then again: in a grid you probably pay a fee for each node – then it can still add up…
The price list contains the quite formidable line This document is the property of Oracle Corporation. Any reproduction of this document in part or in whole is strictly prohibited. For educational purposes only. Subject to change without notice. I am not sure what exactly I am at liberty to write about. The list is freely available though at the above mentioned url. I suggest you check out the prices yourself….
- ADF – Context specific filter in List of Values – (only list employees previously allocated on other project for this customer)
- AMIS Query on Oracle BPEL Process Manager – Overview, Latest developments and a Preview of the (beta) JDeveloper plugin
- JDeveloper 11g – Model based (ViewObject) List of Values and their end-to-end benefit in the web tier
- Interesting articles on various subjects
- Use Data Tree in List of Values Window – ADF BC and UIX and JHeadstart
- Automatic deployment .ear file to Oracle Application Server 10.1.3 (OAS) with Ant tasks
- Hotsos Revisited 2013 – Presentatie materiaal
- ADF DVT Speed Date: Interactive Bubble Graph
- Oracle SQL – Finding free adjacent seats in an airplane, using Subquery Factoring, Analytical Functions (LISTAGG and LEAD), Outer Join, PIVOT and good old INSTR
- Oracle SQL – spotting combinations that occur and those that do not – demonstrating Analytical Functions, Outer Join and SubQuery Factoring
- How Oracle Database uses internal locks to make statement level constraint validation robust at the transaction level
- OTN Yathra 2013 – Spreading the story of Oracle across India – (Half time)
- The Very Very Latest in Database Development – slides from the Expertezed presentation
- OOW 2012: The yearly AMIS Review from Oracle Open World and JavaOne – slides available
- Configure FMW servers with Puppet