OOW 2012 – It will be a great Conference…
For me it all started out very stressful. I overslept yesterday, or the day before, and noticed that it already was 08.25 AM. My flight would leave at 09.50, so the rush to the airport was very painful. Seriously hope I won’t have too many speeding tickets in my attempt to checkin somehow anyway on my drive from Utrecht to Schiphol near Amsterdam.
By some miracle, I made it, just in time with 5 minutes before boarding. Another thing that helped was the fact, due to security checks, the plane was delayed by 30 minutes or so. In the plane I caught up with a lot of good old friends like Markus Eisele, Frits Hoogland and Roel Hartman besides Lucas and Alex. After a 10 hour flight, a 30 minute drive by bus, we all arrived at the Sofitel Hotel near Oracle HQ were, bitten by the time difference, I went to bed early.
Thomas Kurian passionately speaking about Oracle during the ACED briefing
The next day at Oracle HQ, yesterday, we got our first ACE Director product Oracle product briefing and besides all info released about what’s going to be hot during Oracle Open World this year and what’s not, you can imagine while reading the following news released yesterday via Bloomberg, some announcements about the upcoming 12c database and some new hardware will be made by Mr. Ellison.
Without really telling you, I guess, you can deduct from the article, there will be some database, hardware and cloud announcements. On Monday we all will know all the how, what and where, so some real details. I got an invite, via my blogger credentials to be at a press conference with Mark Hurd on Monday, so that will be fun. I keep you posted, if allowed being under NDA, what further cool stuff will be out there. One thing is for sure. There will be too much to digest and some pinpointing on bits and pieces is probably a good thing. Keep this site in scope for further details from Oracle Open World while things are announced, via posts from me, Lucas, Alex, Luc, Aino, Emiel and Paco.
- OOW 2012: Questions to get answered during this conference
- Great start of Hotsos 2007
- Oracle 11g for Developers – presenting at Oracle Benelux User Group Conference 2007
- Dinsdag 18 september: Oracle Open World & JavaOne 2012 Preview mini-conferenties – 12 presentaties op 1 avond
- DBA Conference Holland & XMLDB Whitepaper
- The AMIS Summary of Oracle OpenWorld 2013 is available for download – 60-page white paper
- OOW13: summarizing one week and 2000 sessions in 3 hours and a bit – the yearly AMIS OOW Review session – 10th October
- OOW13 and JavaOne 13: Notes from a Conference – Part Two
- OOW13: Cloud roadmap & announcements – from zero to H/A WebLogic Cluster plus Database RAC in 30 minutes
- OOW13: First glimpses of the new SOA Suite 12c
- OOW13: Meeting Oracle Cloud Document Service – Enterprise Grade Dropbox?
- OOW13: Sneak Preview of the Major Announcements?! In-Memory Database, PaaS (Database and Java) and M6 big memory machine
- Oracle Database 12c: Flashback Moving Forward
- Oracle Database 12c: quickly create a virtual machine with OEL 6.4 and Oracle Database 12c (for dummies)
- 15 juli – Oracle Database 12c revealed