Create an Excel-file with PL/SQL
For this project I took an Apex-plugin I have written, (IR) Report to Excel (xlsx), and turned it into a PL/SQL package. With this package it’s very easy to create an Excel 2007 file with only a few lines of PL/SQL code.
begin as_xlsx.query2sheet( 'select * from dual' ); as_xlsx.save( 'MY_DIR', 'my.xlsx' ); end;
The main purpose for this package is getting data from the database into an Excel file, so I deliberate did not include some Excel functionality, such as formulas, into the package. Excel itself is a far better tool for such things.
The source code for the package: as_xlsx
P.S. I have added the possibility to add Comments and MergedCells to the Excel-file
P.S.2 And bold/italic fonts
P.S.3 Fixed issue with timezones with a regionname
P.S.4 Fixed issue with XML-escaping from text
P.S.5 Fixed NLS-issue with column width
P.S.6 Added p_rgb to get_font
P.S.7 Fixed bug in add_string
P.S.8 Fixed set_autofilter (only one autofilter per sheet, added _xlnm._FilterDatabase)
Added list_validation = drop-down
- Read an Excel xlsx with PL/SQL
- The Very Very Latest in Database Development – slides from the Expertezed presentation
- The APEX of Business Value… or: the Business Value of APEX? Cloud takes Oracle APEX to new heights!
- Kom kennismaken met AMIS en doe mee met uitdagende projecten
- OOW 2012: The Very Very Latest in Database Development (CON4792)
- Oracle RDBMS 10GR1: solution to avoid character encoding in XML with UPDATEXML
- Reduce occurrence of ORA-04068 while upgrading PL/SQL packages by moving global variables to Application Context
- Select a blob across a database link, without getting ORA-22992
- ADF 11g Business components – Create PL/SQL based entities