Oracle XBRL Extension Ready for Download
The new ready to download Oracle XBRL Extension is a “no cost option” on top of the latest Oracle Database 184.108.40.206.0 release. With this added functionality you will get a database environment that contains
- One or more back-end XBRL repositories based on Oracle Database, which provide XBRL storage and query-ability with a set of XBRL-specific services
- An external XBRL processing engine (XPE)
The XBRL Extension to Oracle XMLÂ DB integrates easily with Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) for analytics and with interactive development environments (IDEs) and design tools for creating and editing XBRL taxonomies.
Architecture of XBRL Extension to Oracle XMLÂ DB
There is a generic “patch” (patch 10411201), p10411201_112020_generic.zip, which can be downloaded from http://support.oracle.com and installed to be used on top of the Oracle 220.127.116.11.0 XML DB.Â In addition, there are also two platform-specific patches (currently only available for Linux-x86-64 and Solaris-64 platforms):
For the Linux-x86 64 bit platform:
For the Solaris 64 bit platform:
Besides a installation readme, also a HTML/PDF document is available in these patches that have extensive info on how to use this XML DB XBRL extension and a demo based on the US GAAP XBRL taxonomy. On the Oracle XBRL Extension main page, you also can see the power of this architecture combined with web enabled application, the standard tools like Microsoft Excel, Word and analyses done on such an taxonomy database architecture via Oracle BI Server.
- Oracle Enhances XBRL Reporting Capabilities with UBmatrix, Inc.
- Downgrading an Oracle JDeveloper extension – reverting upgrade of JHeadstart plugin
- AMIS publishes a ViewObject Copy tool – JDeveloper 10g Extension (plugin) for ADF Business Components
- Another JDeveloper extension: Force Delete utility for ViewObjects (ADF Business Components pka BC4J)
- Dashboard for Oracle Designer – free extension to Repository Object Browser
- Hotsos 2013 – Presentation material “Creating Structure in Unstructured Data”
- Hotsos 2013 – From Unstructured to Structured…
- Basisregistraties Adressen en Gebouwen – Het importeren van Kadaster BAG data in een Oracle Database
- Kom kennismaken met AMIS en doe mee met uitdagende projecten
- OOW 2012 – And was there news on the XMLDB front…?
- OOW 2012 – Oracle XML DB Hands-On Lab (HOL10055)
- Oracle RDBMS 10GR1: solution to avoid character encoding in XML with UPDATEXML
- Oracle XML Training With Marco Gralike
- Using the Oracle XMLDB Repository to Automatically Shred Windows Office Documents (Part 1)
- UKOUG 2011 – Drag, Drop and other Stuff. Using your Database as a File Server