The Oracle Technology Network just published the fourth Technology Preview for JDeveloper 11g. In the nick of time to demonstrate and announce for JavaOne 2008, that starts in a few days time. This preview can be downloaded at http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/jdev/htdocs/soft11tp.html (723 MB for the full Windows install).
The download page states:
This release is not feature complete, in the sense that 1) the features shown in this release are not guaranteed to be in the final production release, and 2) we plan to add features in production that are not in the Technology Preview. This is intended as a stability and performance update to the last preview (Technology Preview 3) and to elicit further feedback from users on the product direction.
And it seems that it does not include SOA Suite and WebCenter, reading this note:
Important note: To comply with Oracle’s strict revenue recognition policies, the SOA and WebCenter functionality is only available for preview to existing Oracle customers with a valid Customer Support Identification (CSI) number. Please visit the SOA and WebCenter OTN home pages for information on how to access the Technology Preview 4 functionality for those areas.
Well, at least the SOA Suite (including BAM) and WebCenter functionality needs to be enabled.
I am not sure about the how and why of this. It certainly seems a step back from previous TP releases!
It turns out that on the SOA Suite 11g Homepage (http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/ias/bpel/techpreview/index.html) you will find this instruction:
Enable – Get MetaLink note 565899.1 to learn how to enable SOA for this preview.
This note contains a few very simple instructions to turn on the support for SOA and WebCenter in the JDeveloper 11g TP4.
Product Documentation– Go to the MetaLink download 7009059 for these manuals (48 Mb):
- Developer’s Guide for Oracle SOA Suite
- User’s Guide for Oracle Business Rules
- Language Reference Guide for Oracle Business Rules
- User’s Guide for Technology Adapters
- Users’s Guide for Oracle B2B
- CQL Language Reference (for use with CEP)
- User’s Guide for Oracle Business Activity MonitoringAlso see: http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/ias/bpel/techpreview/2008-05-01-whats-new-in-oracle-soa-suite-tp4.pdf for a presentation of the new features in SOA Suite 11g. For BAM 11g see: http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/ias/bpel/techpreview/Whats-New-In-Oracle-BAM_AS11.pdf ).
Additional for B2B and BAM– Go to the MetaLink download 7009057 to get additional software needed to run B2B and BAM samples (250 Mb)