Posts tagged soap
On a recent project, I ran into a problem with an XML document, that had to be enclosed within another XML document, generated from a database query. The problem I ran into was the character encoding of the XMLElement function, which eventually was worked around with UPDATEXML.
In this blog post I would like to share with you several attempts to solve this problem, why they failed and the final solution to the problem.
Printing of official documents happened in a separate printing module. Whenever a document needed to be printed, an XML document was generated in a database query and sent to the printing module. Most of the data came from relational database tables, but pieces of standard text were supplied as XML documents by another party… and saved in our database in an XMLType column based on CLOB storage.
Our printing module expected to find these standard text XML documents within a tag in our generated XML document. Also both XML documents, our generated XML and the supplied XML, had different namespaces, this needed to maintained this way. The Oracle database version we were working with was 10.1.0.5.0.
In this post I will use a simplified version of the real XML More >
Review of Oracle Service Bus 11g Development Cookbook (Packt Publishing) by Edwin Biemond, Guido Schmutz, Eric Elzinga et. al.3
Recently I gained access to an electronic copy of the just released Oracle Service Bus 11g Development Cookbook, written by five authors – all experts on OSB and three personal acquaintances of mine. I was very interested in learning about the final result after hearing many intermediate comments during the writing process as well as reading the occasional remark on Twitter. Knowing Guido, Eric and Edwin and assuming the same expert level for the other two authors, I anticipated a very interesting read.
Below I will share my impressions from browsing through this solid 500+ page volume. Note: the homepage for the book can be found here: http://www.packtpub.com/oracle-service-bus-11g-development-cookbook/book .
For a couple of months I have been discovering the Android platform. As an original Oracle developer I was wondering how an Android app can be connected to an Oracle database. For this purpose I developed an Android app that stores speed traps that users may hit while driving, into an Oracle database. The app also retrieves these speed traps from the database and draws them onto a Google map:
Currently there are few tools that can support testing SOAP interfaces. Both Jmeter and SoapUI are suited for testing soap interfaces. SoapUI is explicitly created for testing SOAP interfaces and Jmeter has a SOAP support since version 2.3.x. I have worked with both tools and I prefer SoapUI. It has an intuitive user interface and is flexible. (Please also have a look at the blog of Jeroen)
You can run SoapUI stand alone but I prefer to integrate these kinds of tools with an automated process. Below you will find instructions for running SoapUI as a part of a maven build. This makes it possible to run your automated SOAP tests in Maven with a build process like Hudson. Combined with automatic deployment it is possible to support an agile software development process that supports frequent delivery of versions and continuous testing.
Maven supports SoapUI with the Maven SoapUI plugin. (more…)