Posts tagged seminar
SOA & SOA Suite for Oracle Database Professionals – seminars in Perth and Melbourne and Singapore (November 2009)
Next month, I will visit Australia and Singapore to present on SOA and the Oracle SOA Suite – to Oracle database developers. In this one-day-long seminar, I introduce the key concepts and objectives of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) as well as the Oracle SOA Suite 11g to an audience of database professionals. Whether you are a DBA or a Database Developer, SOA is unavoidable in the coming period. But what (exactly) is it? And how does it impact – positively or negatively – the work and lives of database professionals? What can a database professional do to work well with SOA and the SOA technology once that starts being implemented in her or his organization?
What is at the heart of Oracle SOA Suite 11g: composite applications, BPEL PM, and the mediator. The session shows how SOA services can be leveraged from the database, from triggers, PL/SQL units, or even SQL and how the database can publish events to the event delivery network. It covers how the SOA infrastructure can access the database, primarily using Oracle Database and Oracle Advanced Queueing adapter and how database developers can help in doing so efficiently. It ends with hints for applying SOA concepts to More >
On Wednesday 25th March, I will present an ADF Masterclass seminar for Oracle University in the vicinity of Oslo (Norway). This masterclass will discuss many valuable lessons we have learned on our ADF projects over the years. Some of the special topics include
- Web 2.0 & AJAX – all the ways an ADF application can achieve background client/server communication and partial page refresh
- how to implement typical SaaS features in ADF applications – customization & personalization including custom prompts, user extended fields, user preferences
- Advanced Data Search & Manipulation functionality
- Navigation Short Cuts: bookmarks, recent navigation history, direct record links, actionable emails
- Optimal Database integration through ADF Business Components – leveraging SQL and PL/SQL optimally from ADF
Of course the masterclass includes many demonstrations, for which the source code will be made available.