OOW 2012: My ADF OOW 2012 schedule
This years visit to Oracle Open World is for me the best of both worlds. First of all I get to attend one of the biggest, if not the biggest, IT conferences in the world. Second, I have two presentations. Both are on Sunday afternoon. The first one is a Fusion Middleware Live Development session where we as a team show you the steps involved in creating an application using nearly all parts of Fusion Middleware. My role in the team is to explain how we build the UI part of the application and how we used ADF to do that. Also I will show you how you can create an interactive dashboard using DVT components such as graphs and gauges. More info on this session can be found here.
Right in the middle of this session I have to leave the room in order to go to my next presentation. This presentation is called “mobile development with Oracle JDeveloper and ADF”. In this session I show you some of the options that you have if you want to extend your enterprise application to mobile devices. I cannot go into much detail yet. Having said that, I’ve probably said enough. More info is available here.
After my presentation I head straight to the Oracle Benelux Networking Event which is sponsored by AMIS.
The rest of the week is also dedicated ADF and to mobile development.
Monday, I’ll be attending one of the 8 Hand on Labs where one can develop mobile applications for iOS and Android with ADF mobile.
Tuesday is a mashup day containing session about ADF, Forms and SOA.
After that, on Wednesday I have several more sessions on mobile development. Data Visualization best practices on mobile devices, spatial mashup on mobile devices, and about next generation infrastructure for HTML5 and mobile apps. And maybe I will meet you at the OOW 2012 Bloggers Meetup.
Thursday I call a “whatever comes up day”, where I will probably do a lot of handson stuff, and in the evening I have diner with all of the AMIS employees that are also at OOW.
Keep an eye on this weblog and read all my Oracle Open World news and experiences.
- Oracle ADF Virtual Developer Day 2013
- The AMIS Summary of Oracle OpenWorld 2013 is available for download – 60-page white paper
- OOW13: summarizing one week and 2000 sessions in 3 hours and a bit – the yearly AMIS OOW Review session – 10th October
- JavaOne 2013: (Key) Notes of a conference – State of the Java platform and all the roadmaps
- OOW13 and JavaOne 13: Notes from a Conference – Part Two
- OOW13 and JavaOne 13: Notes from a Conference – Part One
- OOW13: Meeting Oracle Cloud Document Service – Enterprise Grade Dropbox?
- Case Study: A Case of Fusion Middleware
- Het Oracle OpenWorld Preview Evenement (5 september 2013) – 15 sprekers & sessies
- ADF 12c: Using WebSockets to implement client to client push (in a scalable manner)