The Future of Forms is ….. Forms (and some friends) (UKOUG, 2011 – with Grant Ronald)
Slides for the presentation I did with Grant Ronald during UKOUG 2011, last week in Birmingham. The abstract for this presentation: “Many organizations run enterprise Oracle Forms applications created in the 90s. They now wonder about the future of their application.This session tells how modernization of the application landscape could take place, using a mix of the latest version of Forms and other technologies like SOA, ADF and perhaps APEX.
Forms 11g integration and extension points are discussed and demonstrated. Forms applications serving internal, professional user groups today are typically by and large suitable for continued use. Modernization of these applications therefore typically focuses on integration – with a SOA environment and Event infrastructure and with new user interfaces and Portals – and to some extent to enhancing user experience and functionality of the application.
This session shows how Forms 11g – part of Fusion Middleware and running on WebLogic Server – can be integrated in a modern Service Oriented Architecture and how it can be embedded in Web 2.0 Portals and Applications. The audience will see how Forms can quite easily get a face-lift – to bring it on par UI wise with other modern applications. The session will also discuss when other technologies such as ADF or APEX might come into mix.”
This entry was posted by Lucas Jellema on December 11, 2011 at 8:28 am, and is filed under ADF & JHeadstart, Devel. + PL/SQL tools, Java, JEE, OAS and WebLogic Server, Oracle. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
- new Puppet 3 Weblogic provisioning module
- The AMIS Summary of Oracle OpenWorld 2013 is available for download – 60-page white paper
- WebLogic & FMW Provisioning update
- The road ahead for WebLogic 12c
- JavaOne 2013: (Key) Notes of a conference – State of the Java platform and all the roadmaps
- OOW13: Cloud roadmap & announcements – from zero to H/A WebLogic Cluster plus Database RAC in 30 minutes
- Quick & Easy migrate VM from Oracle VM 2.x to 3.x
- Case Study: A Case of Fusion Middleware
- Het Oracle OpenWorld Preview Evenement (5 september 2013) – 15 sprekers & sessies
- ADF 12c: Using WebSockets to implement client to client push (in a scalable manner)