SOA Suite 11g: set the Composite Instance title with a BPEL component
In this blog I will describe how to set the composite title with a BPEL component. I will also describe where this approach matches and where it differs from setting the title with a BPM or Mediator component.
Lets first start with an overall important match: you need the setCompositeInstanceTitle function. This function sets the composite instance title and returns it. The return value brings us to the biggest difference: the assignment of the return value. In BPMN and BPEL you must assign the return value to a variable. In Mediator you must assign it to a property.
This post shows the BPEL approach. In parallel posts I show the BPM and Mediator approach.
1) Start by creating a new SOA Project.
2) This will start the ‘Create SOA Project’ wizard. Specify a name for the project. I used ‘scaBPEL_setCompositeInstanceTitle’ for the name. Make sure that the SOA technology is selected.
3) In the next step, select the ‘Composite with BPEL Process’ template.
4) After that, the ’Create BPEL Process’ wizard is started. Specify a name for the process. I used ‘setTitle’ for the name. Optionally change the namespace.
5) At this moment the created composite looks like the image below. Nothing special happened yet.
6) Now add an assign activity to the BPEL process. This Results in the following process.
7) Now it is time to set the title. Open the assign activity by double clicking on it. Drag an expression over the ‘result’ output Variable (Remember that the return value of the ‘setCompositeInstanceTitle’ function must be assigned to a variable).
8 ) The expression builder start. Now specify the title expression as shown in the following image.
9) Now the composite title is set and also assigned to the title variable.
10) Deploy the application and test if from the Enterprise Manager Console. The created instance contains the specified title/name.
- SOA Suite 11g: set the Composite Instance title with a BPM component
- SOA Suite 11g – Composite instance as WebService Result Cache using BPEL Correlation
- SOA Suite 11g – Event Delivery Network – How to correlate one event into multiple instances of the same composite (BPEL or BPM)?
- Starting a BPEL process instance according to a timed schedule in Oracle BPEL PM
- Integrating BPEL and BAM in Oracle 11g SOA Suite