Java Developers: Make the Database Work for You!
This article accompanies the similarly named article in the Dutch Java Magazine. It provides additional resources, some source code and an invitation to the 4 February Masterclass by Lucas Jellema that presents a detailed study of the topics raised in this article.
The article itself: ClickÂ JavaMagazine_LaatDeDatabaseVoorJeWerken_partOne_dec2010.pdf for this article.
Friday February 4th: Masterclass: Leveraging the Oracle Database in Java Applications (by: Lucas Jellema)Â http://www.amis.nl/trainingen/oracle-database-in-java-applications
Source code: ClickÂ MCJavaDevLeverageDatabase_Demos.zip to download the sources for the samples.
http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/annotations/3.5/reference/en/html_single/#entity-hibspec (look for @Generated)
Invoking Stored Procedures
- Agile software development, the principles. Principle 4: Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project.
- OOW Presentation: Optimal Use of Oracle Database 10g and Oracle Database 11g for Modern Application Development
- Transaction Dependent Webservice Invocation…or how to call a webservice from a database trigger and make the call part of the transaction
- Oracle wants more database support in Eclipse
- Three interesting announcements – EJB 3.0, Eclipse WTP and a new database: H2 (source included, Java)
- Steven Feuerstein Master Class. Anti-Pattern PL/SQL Programming + 12c New PL/SQL Features, December 12 and 13 2013
- The AMIS Summary of Oracle OpenWorld 2013 is available for download – 60-page white paper
- On the integrity of data in Java applications – presentation from JFall 2013
- Book Review of Building Modular Cloud Apps with OSGi by Bert Ertman and Paul Bakker (last edit: 25th October)
- Java 8 – Collection enhancements leveraging Lambda Expressions – or: How Java emulates SQL
- OOW13: summarizing one week and 2000 sessions in 3 hours and a bit – the yearly AMIS OOW Review session – 10th October
- JavaOne 2013: (Key) Notes of a conference – State of the Java platform and all the roadmaps
- OOW13 and JavaOne 13: Notes from a Conference – Part Two
- OOW13 and JavaOne 13: Notes from a Conference – Part One
- You consolidated your applications in one database, but now one application needs recovery…