Dynamic Actions in APEX
After visiting the OPP/APEXPosed conference in Brussels I decided to write a post on how to create a relatively simple dynamic action in APEX. When you are working with password fields your only visual check to see if the entered text in both fields match may be the number of characters entered. Of course you can check for equality on submit but that may be a bit too late for the user.
For this post I will work with a textfield instead of a password field, but both will work the same.
When you open the context menu on the region you can choose to create a Page Item:
For the demonstration we will choose Text Field (that way what we enter will be visible)
Repeat these steps for the second page item:
Give it a name and possibly a sequence.
Then select the kind of Dynamic Action you wish to create. We will be creating an Advanced Action
Select what you will be doing when the condition evaluates to TRUE:
In this case we want to change the background color of the textbox, so we choose to Set the Style. We also want to execute this action when the page is loaded.
Then select the kind of page elements you want to be affected by this dynamic action.
This post has also been published on my personal blog: http://blog.bar-solutions.com
- Creating a shuttlebox in Apex
- ADF 10g Dynamic Columns: Or how to implement an updatable dynamic table
- JDeveloper 11g â€“ Dynamic (and I mean really dynamic) Tables with ADF Faces Rich Components
- OOW 2009: APEX 4.0 – a source of inspiration
- Extending the Oracle BPEL Error Hospital with custom Java Actions
- The AMIS Summary of Oracle OpenWorld 2013 is available for download – 60-page white paper
- Solving PLS-00753: malformed or corrupted wrapped unit within Apex SQL Workshop
- Het Oracle OpenWorld Preview Evenement (5 september 2013) – 15 sprekers & sessies
- The APEX of Business Value… or: the Business Value of APEX? Cloud takes Oracle APEX to new heights!
- How to build an IM (XMPP) solution with Oracle APEX and Websockets
- Dinsdag 18 september: Oracle Open World & JavaOne 2012 Preview mini-conferenties – 12 presentaties op 1 avond
- Jouw toekomst als Oracle professional AMIS informatieavond over jouw ontwikkelingspad (28 februari)
- Jouw toekomst als Oracle professional – AMIS !!EXTRA!! informatieavond over jouw ontwikkelingspad
- APEX: Make a report row clickable
- OOW 2011 – What's New, Improved and Coming in Oracle Application Development