JavaOne 2010 presentation: Why and how to engage a Complex Event Processor from a Java Web Application
Complex Event Processors are capable of handling large volumes of events – by filtering, aggregating or detecting patterns. Java Applications use a CEP to pre-process incoming signals. These applications can also generate the events – for example the user click and navigation behavior in the web application – and report them to the CEP. The web application can subsequently utilize the outcomes from the CEP to for example intelligently guide the user or present relevant details. This session shows various ways in which a CQL based CEP can be integrated into a Java application to enhance the web application’s behavior.
The intended audience for this presentation consists of experience Web Java and Enterprise Java developers.
- introduction to Complex Event Processing
- demonstration of CQL event processing on events arriving on JMS
- discussion of how the web application can absorb the CEP results
- demonstration of a simple Web Shop application that published events to the CEP and utilizes the CEP results
- discussion on when and how CEP can add value to Java applications
- Complex Event Processing – Java Magazine – Sources & References
- JavaOne 2010 – Keynote by Thomas Kurian – Java Strategy and Directions
- Xenogenetics for PL/SQL: Infusing with Java Best Practices and Design Patterns (presentation at OOW 2010)
- Oracle Open World 2010 presentation: Forms2Future: the ongoing journey into the future for Oracle based organizations
- Using ADF BC Event Listeners to monitor data changes application wide through RSS Feeds and Monitor Pages
- JDeveloper code templates
- Running Oracle Designer Generation from Ant and Hudson
- Oracle SQL – spotting combinations that occur and those that do not – demonstrating Analytical Functions, Outer Join and SubQuery Factoring
- OTN Yathra 2013 – Spreading the story of Oracle across India – (Half time)
- Dear Java/JEE developer – why should you care about ADF?
- OOW 2012: The yearly AMIS Review from Oracle Open World and JavaOne – slides available
- Kom kennismaken met AMIS en doe mee met uitdagende projecten
- JavaOne 2012: The Big Stories
- JavaOne 2012: Thinking Through Java Enterprise Performance (BOF 4712)
- Uitnodiging: Kom kennismaken met AMIS