Oracle Open World 2010 presentation: Forms2Future: the ongoing journey into the future for Oracle based organizations
Many organizations around the world have adopted Oracle technology for developing custom applications. Over the past two decades, they may have used PL/SQL, Reports, Forms, Designer, Portal or the Web PL/SQL Toolkit. Many of these organizations have come to face new challenges: more agility or functionality, new user groups or channels or more efficient maintenance. Or they fear getting stuck in the past, running out of support or qualified and motivated resources. What is the right way to approach the future? What mix of tools, how and when to adopt which new technology, how to build a business case? This session recounts various more and less successful warstories of organizations that embarked on a journey into the future.
Peter and I today did our session together about the road to the future for organization that heavily us Oracle software. It was a good session with a lot of interesting questions. It is quite clear to me how much confusion there is, how many organizations are struggling with defining their future plans. How many people hear mixed messages from for example Oracle sales people. And how they simply would like to get a clear, untainted and unbiased picture of what the options (and reasons) for making future oriented moves. This presentation for many attendees proved a valuable step in that direction. We would like to continue these conversations!
- What questions to get answered at Oracle Open World 2010
- Larry Ellison – Opening Keynote of Oracle Open World 2010 – announcing Exalogic, the cloud in a box.
- Report from Oracle Open World 2007 – Slides from our Knowledge session
- OOW 2009: James Gosling speaking at Oracle Open World
- AMIS Query – Verslag van Oracle Open World 2009 – dinsdag 27 oktober (uitnodiging)
This entry was posted by Lucas Jellema on September 21, 2010 at 8:53 am, and is filed under ADF & JHeadstart, Data Warehousing & BI, Database, Devel. + PL/SQL tools, J(2)EE/Java, Java, Java, JEE, OAS and WebLogic Server, Oracle, SOA & Oracle Fusion Middleware, Web. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
- Driedaagse Oracle Service Bus (OSB) 11g training – 29, 30 en 31 januari 2014
- Oracle ADF Virtual Developer Day 2013
- Steven Feuerstein Master Class. Anti-Pattern PL/SQL Programming + 12c New PL/SQL Features, December 12 and 13 2013
- The AMIS Summary of Oracle OpenWorld 2013 is available for download – 60-page white paper
- On the integrity of data in Java applications – presentation from JFall 2013
- Live Blog: Book Review of Oracle SOA Governance 11g Implementation – Last Edit: 18th November
- WebLogic & FMW Provisioning update
- The road ahead for WebLogic 12c
- Solving PLS-00753: malformed or corrupted wrapped unit within Apex SQL Workshop
- Enriching XMLType data using relational data – XQuery and fn:collection in action