The Christmas Present has arrived: the Oracle 11g Fusion Middleware technology preview
It was promised at Oracle Open World by Thomas Kurian, just over a month ago. And now Oracle delivers on that promise: the Fusion Middleware 11g Technology Preview at http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/jdev/htdocs/11techpreview.html .
It seems that all roads lead to Rome: simply download JDeveloper 11g TP 3 and you are also set for SOA Suite and WebCenter. The links shown in the image below also provide access to some documentations, tutorials and how-to’s.
I will download forthwith and let you know about my experiences! Happy Christmas.
and after unzipping:
When creating a new Application, there is additional choice of technology template:
Notice the options SOA Application, WebCenter Application and WebCenter Portlet Application.
Note: for installing the SOA Suite infrastructure, you’ll need a Database, and not just any database: either Oracle 10g XE (10.2.0.1) or SE/EE patched: Oracle Enterprise Database 10gR1 (10.1.x) and 10.2.0.1 are NOT supported – you must apply the 10.2.0.3 patch for the Oracle Enterprise 10g 10.2.0.1 database. As I was still at 10.2.0.1, I had to download and install Patch 5337014 which takes 10.2.0.x to 10.2.0.3.
- OOW 2007: Christmas Present from Oracle for Developers (11g Fusion Middleware…. Preview Release)
- Sneak Preview of Oracle Fusion Middleware for the Regional Directors (OOW 2006)
- Sjoerd Michels becomes our second Oracle Regional Director for Fusion Middleware
- The Oracle Fusion Middleware Developer Challenge – Who is to win this competition in application development?
- OOW 2006 -The Next Hit in the Making: Oracle WebCenter – Light weight, all Java Portal technology – SOA for UI
This entry was posted by Lucas Jellema on December 23, 2007 at 11:41 am, and is filed under ADF & JHeadstart, General, J(2)EE/Java, Java, JEE, OAS and WebLogic Server, Oracle, SOA & Oracle Fusion Middleware. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.Both comments and pings are currently closed.