MOOW 2K7 – The Miracle Express
Itâ€™s the day before Miracle Oracle Open World 2007. Tomorrow the (Dutch) Miracle Express will leave and will make its way from Garderen to Lalandia, Denmark. Hopefully arriving with all its Dutch passengers still intact and conscious after a long trawl on the Dutch, German and Danish highways to find its final destination, Miracle Oracle Open World…
It (the Miracle Express) all started with an email from Anjo Kolk with the idea to hire a coach. This coach would travel with its 10, 15 Dutch MOOW participants to Lalandia. Long story short, to hire a complete coach with a driver would be too expensive (the driver waiting for days doing nothing and allâ€¦), so tomorrow we will leave, probably, with 2 small coaches / busses with Anjo and maybe Carel Jan Engel as our drivers (?).
Instructions of Anjo Kolk were sent to us Dutch participants with the following remarks (mind the humor):
- We will leave from Garderen between 11:00 and 11:03 (so not 30).
- Your welcome from 09:30, it will make no sense to bring a lot of baggage. Mind your (swimming) shorts, not to small, it has to be fun for us all. A towel could be useful.
- We will have a break regularly (one stop somewhere on the way and afterwards in Lalandia), so bring along some empty bottles.
- We will return on Sunday between 11:00 and 12:00. So we should be back in Garderen between 17:00 and 19:00, depending on the elderly Germans on the German Autobahn that could make things difficult.
My mind is not yet really set on the event; lots of stressed stuff or last minute things to do, but reading (again) the content of the e-mail, I am really looking forward to it.
The agenda can be found here: Miracle Oracle Open World 2007
"Hals- und Beinbruch", as the Germans would say… Wishing us Dutchies safe passage.
- AMIS Query: Anjo Kolk (Miracle Benelux, Oak Table Network) – How the Middle Tier is Slowing Down Your Database
- Oracle Application Express Roadmap
- First impressions of the European Application Express Training
- Oracle Application Express (ApEx)
- Introducing new Oracle10g R2 features for Application Development (article in Dutch)