New PL/SQL Feature in Oracle 11g: the use of sequence.nextval
Another small new feature in Oracle 11g PL/SQL: you can directly use sequence.nextval (and sequence.currval). It is not necessary anymore to do something like select sequence.nextval into l_seq from dual in your PL/SQL block. A small example:Â
declare l_seq number; begin l_seq := oe.orders_seq.nextval; dbms_output.put_line('Value of orders_seq.nextval = '||to_char(l_seq)); end; SQL> Value of orders_seq.nextval = 1000 PL/SQL-procedure is geslaagd.
- How does the sequence cache affect performance?
- New PL/SQL Feature in Oracle 11g: CONTINUE
- DB utilities – updating sequences the elegant way
- Sequence beans: auto-increment of primary key fields
- Summary results for all dates, including the ones that I do not have data for – example of using Partition Outer Join – Oracle10g SQL Feature