EBS Release 12 "SWAN" User Interface
Last week AMIS organized an " E-Business Suite Release 12 (EBS R12) New Features" session.
It became obviously that EBS R12 has many new features and the improved user interface is only one of them. Nevertheless, the new "Swan" user interface is for most end users an important one and end users are curious to experience this UI.
Besides this user experience it’s also nice to know where a term as "Swan" user interface comes from.
The term is used in many power points of Oracle, but I didn’t find an explanation…
The â€œSwanâ€ UI brings together some of the best UI concepts from Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, and JD Edwards applications. This new look and feel applies to the whole Oracle E-Business Suite (OAF, JTT (CRM) and Oracle Forms 10g products). The internal codename for improving the user interface was "Project Swan".
So the "R11-Duck" has been changed into a nice "Swan".
- Meta Data Driven User Interface with Dojo and Spring MVC
- Using the new JSF Components ShowDetailFrame and PanelCustomizable for structuring the User Interface in JDeveloper 10.1.3.2
- Standard for Database Development – Getting rid of USER from PL/SQL and SQL – no longer is USER equivalent to End User
- Oracle Warehouse Builder 10g Paris Release â€¦ Oh ja, ook voor Data Warehouses! (article on the OWB 10gR2 Paris Release)
- The Technology Stack for Oracle Applications Release 12