New release (10.1.3.1) of JHeadstart has been published – many, many new features
A point release for JHeadstart has been made available by the Oracle JHeadstart team. For a point release, it has a surprisingly long list of new features. Among the most interesting ones:
- Generation of Graphs.
- Multi-Select List of Values.
- Conditional Requery.
- Advanced Search on Detail Tables.
- Add Row Button and Duplicate Row Button.
- Summary Types (count, avg, sum) in Table
- Row-Specific Dropdown Lists in Table.
- Support for multiple "depends on" items for items and regions.
One feature in particular is nice to mention, as it was contributed by AMIS: "Hot-reloading of resource bundles. It is possible to reload changed resource bundles without shutting down your J2EE Application Server (feature provided by Lucas Jellema, AMIS)."
This release supports JDeveloper 10.1.3.2 in addition to 10.1.3 and 10.1.3.1.
Those of you who have the JHeadstart Supplement Option can download this release from cso.oracle.com. The free evaluation edition on OTN will soon be updated with the JHeadstart 10.1.3.1 functionality. See also the JHeadstart Team’s Blog.
Upgrading to this JHeadstart release is very simple. The steps are:
Download the zip file from CSO, to any location on the local file system, such as the Desktop.
Go to the Help Menu, select Check for Updates.
In the Check for Updates wizard, select Install from Local File. Browse to the zip file JHS10.1.3.1.26-INSTALL.zip you downloaded from CSO.
Press Next. The Summary Screen appears.
Press Finish. You are prompted to restart JDeveloper.
During restarting, the new JHeadstart release is installed.
This message is displayed when the installation/upgrade is complete.
JDeveloper launches the JHeadstart 10.1.3.1 Documentation Index:
And we can check out the release notes for example.
- JHeadstart 10.1.3 Production Release with ADF Faces support is available!
- new JHeadstart Team blog Announces production release
- JHeadstart 10.1.3 Evaluation Copy available! – Everybody can now try out JHeadstart for ADF Faces
- AMIS Query – ADF and JHeadstart – Judgment Day; also: UIX Skins, ADF and WebServices and JHeadstart New Features
- JHeadstart 10.1.2.2 Release (a very short while ago)