JDeveloper and Subversion
Like many others, we use Subversion as our preferred source control system (scm). Since a few months an official JDeveloper extension is available which makes our ADF development and source control much easier; e.g. when you remove a Business Component (BC) like a viewObject all the objects, like the XML file and the impl class and the resourcebundle, are now marked for deletion (instead of reported missing). However, recently I encountered some troubles; that is JDeveloper did not recognize anymore that the files were source controlled. What happened ?!
I started recently at a new project for DTSI in NoumÃ©a, New Caledonia, and had to install my development environment like JDeveloper (10.1.3.1), the subversion command line, TortoiseSVN, Maven etc. etc. I checked out the project from within JDeveloper and everything was still fine. I then did some external changes and committed and updated the project using TortoiseSVN and when I went back to JDeveloper the only versioning option available was to ‘add’ the files :-( .
It turned out that the format of the Subversion working copy, i.e. the administrative files in the .svn directory on your local machine, have changed as of version 1.4. All the clients that I downloaded now use that format and automatically convert the working copy to that format… except JDeveloper, that still uses the 1.3 format, so it just fails to recognize that it’s a subversion working copy. By the way, this does not affect the Subversion Navigator which is still fully functional. Currently the only solution is to downgrade the other subversion clients, like the subversion command line and tortoiseSVN, until a new version of the JDeveloper extension is available.