The Technology Stack for Oracle Applications Release 12
On Pankaj Chandiramani’s Blog we can find a lot of information with regard to the technology Oracle will build the Release 12 edition of the E-Business Suite on. Pankaj works as an application engineer for Oracle India and apparently has access to this information. He confirms the message we picked up at ODTUG recently that Apps 12 uses Forms 10.1.2 and the 10g (10.1.2) release of the Application Server. To quote his most recent article : "Oracle JInitiator will no longer be required to run Oracle Forms in
E-Business Suite Release 12. Oracle Forms in Release 12 will run
directly in the native Sun Java2 Standard Edition plug-in. This will
be our standard configuration for Release 12." and
"Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 will use
Oracle Application Server 10g for its application tier. We’re
officially in the 21st Century now, so it’s about time.
This long-awaited configuration will use:
- OracleAS 10g 10.1.2.x for Forms and Reports services. This will
replace the elderly 8.0.6 ORACLE_HOME provided by Oracle9i Application
Server 188.8.131.52.2 in Release 11i.
- OracleAS 10g 10.1.3 for Oracle Containers for Java (OC4J). This
will replace the aging 8.1.7-based ORACLE_HOME provided by Oracle9i
Application Server 184.108.40.206.2 in Release 11i, and herald our switch from
JServ to Oracle Containers for Java.
- Oracle Warehouse Builder 10g Paris Release â€¦ Oh ja, ook voor Data Warehouses! (article on the OWB 10gR2 Paris Release)
- 220.127.116.11 Maintenance Release Oracle Designer available
- Oracle (finally) announced release of Enterprise Planning and Budgeting
- Creating your own advanced search engine for any website – using Oracle Text – Searching the AMIS Technology Weblog
- Oracle Warehouse Builder – 10gR2 Paris release – Even if you do not build warehouses…