Then I came across something new. The CANVAS element. New in the Web Application 1.0 Specification that describes the successor to HTML4 and XHTML1. A specification that browsers like Firefox, Safari and Opera take their lead from. And perhaps Internet Explorer as well???
Web Application 1.0 Specification
A little citation from the Web App specification:
have managed to base entire businesses on them. What is required are
extensions to these technologies to provide much-needed features such as:
- Native pop-up menus and context menus.
- Inline markup for pop-up windows, for example for dialog boxes or tool
palettes, so that dialogs need not be defined in separate files.
- Command updating: applications that have several access points for the
same feature, for instance a menu item and a tool-bar button, would
benefit from having to disable such commands only once, instead of having
to keep each access point synchronized with the feature’s availability at
all times. Similarly menu items or tool-bar buttons that represent a
toggle state could automatically stay synchronized whenever toggled.
- Server-sent events: triggering DOM3 Events from the server-side, for
example for tickers or status updates.
- Client-server communications methods that do not require page loads,
enabling on-demand data retrieval (where the UA automatically fetches
data from the server as required), remote procedure calls (where script
can invoke code on the server side and get an XML fragment in return),
- More device-independent DOM events: The DOM event set needs
device-independent events, such as events that fire when a button or link
is activated, whether via the mouse or the keyboard.
DOMActivateis a start, but it lacks equivalent HTML
attributes, and additional events may be needed.
- Lucas Jellema I am afraid that I did not. However, I know of some of my colleagues who did. I will ask them and add a link to their reply. Thanks for […] 8 hours ago
- Oracle Admin I made this mistake as weel. I had the ORACLE_HOSTNAME="remote host fqdn" rather then the "local host fqdn" specified in the respons file. 19 hours ago
10 Most Popular (7 days)
- Installing Tomcat 7 and Configuring as Server in NetBeans 3,398 views | posted on January 2, 2012
- Create an Excel-file with PL/SQL 2,919 views | posted on February 19, 2011
- How to create windows services (Command Line) 2,568 views | posted on February 13, 2008
- Oracle Database 12c: How to create a Virtual Box VM with Oracle Enterprise Linux inside – A dummy guide 1,663 views | posted on June 29, 2013
- How to call a webservice directly from Java (without webservice library) 1,650 views | posted on June 29, 2011
- Generating a PDF-document with some plsql: as_pdf_mini => as_pdf3 1,330 views | posted on April 11, 2012
- Read an Excel xlsx with PL/SQL 1,140 views | posted on January 19, 2013
- Where’s my wallet – loosing the encryption master key in 11g db, compatibility in 12c. 1,136 views | posted on December 8, 2013
- Using Java to create a report with the JasperReport java API 881 views | posted on January 15, 2012
- Java 8 – The Road to Lambda expressions 869 views | posted on October 3, 2013