Then I came across something new. The CANVAS element. New in the Web Application 1.0 Specification that describes the successor to HTML4 and XHTML1. A specification that browsers like Firefox, Safari and Opera take their lead from. And perhaps Internet Explorer as well???
Web Application 1.0 Specification
A little citation from the Web App specification:
have managed to base entire businesses on them. What is required are
extensions to these technologies to provide much-needed features such as:
- Native pop-up menus and context menus.
- Inline markup for pop-up windows, for example for dialog boxes or tool
palettes, so that dialogs need not be defined in separate files.
- Command updating: applications that have several access points for the
same feature, for instance a menu item and a tool-bar button, would
benefit from having to disable such commands only once, instead of having
to keep each access point synchronized with the feature’s availability at
all times. Similarly menu items or tool-bar buttons that represent a
toggle state could automatically stay synchronized whenever toggled.
- Server-sent events: triggering DOM3 Events from the server-side, for
example for tickers or status updates.
- Client-server communications methods that do not require page loads,
enabling on-demand data retrieval (where the UA automatically fetches
data from the server as required), remote procedure calls (where script
can invoke code on the server side and get an XML fragment in return),
- More device-independent DOM events: The DOM event set needs
device-independent events, such as events that fire when a button or link
is activated, whether via the mouse or the keyboard.
DOMActivateis a start, but it lacks equivalent HTML
attributes, and additional events may be needed.
- Naseer Anton thanks a lot for your help. With your help I am able to see the data in the string_val column by replacing pattern from '.' to […] 1 week ago
- Naseer I think in my case this line is causing string_val to be empty. t_strings( i ) := dbms_xslprocessor.valueof( dbms_xmldom.item( t_nl, i ), […] 1 week ago
10 Most Popular (7 days)
- Installing Tomcat 7 and Configuring as Server in NetBeans 3,058 views | posted on January 2, 2012
- How to call a webservice directly from Java (without webservice library) 2,782 views | posted on June 29, 2011
- How to create windows services (Command Line) 2,300 views | posted on February 13, 2008
- Evaluation Omondo EclipseUML Free Edition 1,824 view | posted on November 4, 2004
- Create an Excel-file with PL/SQL 1,554 view | posted on February 19, 2011
- Using Java to create a report with the JasperReport java API 1,199 view | posted on January 15, 2012
- Asynchronous processing in Java applications – leveraging those multi-cores 1,161 view | posted on February 19, 2009
- Oracle RDBMS 11gR2 – goodbye Connect By or: the end of hierarchical querying as we know it 1,031 view | posted on September 1, 2009
- Automatic deployment .ear file to Oracle Application Server 10.1.3 (OAS) with Ant tasks 886 views | posted on June 12, 2013
- Dear Java/JEE developer – why should you care about ADF? 704 views | posted on January 26, 2013