FireFox on the march – 29%! : Browser Statistics from the AMIS Technology Weblog
Our weblog started last July. Since then we had over 250000 hits from over 45000 different IP-addresses. Last night, I sat down to do a comparison between the various browsers used to access our Technology Weblog. And I also looked at the trends since July. It is interesting to see how the balance is shifting.
Last week, 29% of the visits to our Weblog were made from FireFox, with Internet Explorer down to 54%. In July we had 88% Internet Explorer visits.
These graphics were produced from the MySQL database that contains all Weblog Statistics using JSPs with JSTL, XML, XSLT and SVG. A live report can be seen at Browser Pie Shop.
- AMIS Technology Weblog – Statistics, Graphics and Becoming an Author ('blogger')
- SchemaSurf (Freeware) – Browser based tool to navigate the database
- Collect IP Address background information for WebLog
- BPEL-Soft – Oracle's previous acquisition showcased during AMIS Query
- Enabling Role-based security management in Oracle Designer 6i/9i/10g through the Repository Object Browser